Thursday, November 17, 2011

Resumes

In the past, I've had classes in high school to help me write resumes, my guidance counselors would help me write resumes. However, everyone had their own rules and opinions on what to do while writing and putting together a resume. I've made them for school classes and such, but no job that I have ever had needed a resume to hire me. In the past, I was told a resume should only be 1 page long. Otherwise people won't want to read it. Now, today, I am told two pages is the required length for these documents. Resumes are not supposed to be short and sweet, but they are to be filled with all of your accomplishments, which is what any employer would want to see. In general, I believe that resumes that are filled with accomplishments (today's rules) are the better choice. People are hired on what they've experienced/accomplished/been a part of/etc, therefore if I were to make a resume today, I would include every aspect of my education, recreational activities, and other major and important factors in my life. I would put references, I would describe myself complete and to the fullest, and I would try my best to make it as professional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment